Attack of the Giant Mutant Lizard
Control a giant mutant lizard to eat people, stomp cars, and throw things with your mutant tail which has claws for some reason. Spend points on upgrades and new abilities and try to survive an increasingly deadly hail of bullets.
You can find an early playable demo at GameJolt.
In case anyone's interested in testing the Android version (decent phone recommended -- 4.1 and up required), here is a thing you may want to click on. I'm interested in seeing what devices have an acceptable frame rate as well as any other problems that pop up.
Localization: Help Me Translate!
Latest Article More Articles
Localization: Help Me Translate!
Help Me Translate!
Are you fluent in both English and another language?
If you answered "No", then we have at least one thing in common and we should hang out sometime. (I'm joking. Don't come near me.)
But if you answered "Yes", then you may be able to help me make my game support multiple languages.
I recently modified my game to enable me to add translated versions of all the text in the game. All that's needed is the translations, and as all the confusing international comments on Google Play I've read so far have proven, Google Translate is not exactly reliable when it comes to translating things correctly.
If you are interested in helping to translate even just some of the text, contact me at email@example.com.
Target Practice -- Featuring a New Ability
Cutscene Animation and a Funny Lesson About Sound Effects Packs
Toon Shading, Steam, and a New Gameplay Video
Devlog 2017-01-28: Slow Progress - But Some Good News -- Plus Some Even Better News
Another Year, Another Devlog...
Greenlight and a New Gamelay Video and Other Fun Things
Mobile Version Alpha Testing and Other News
Searching for Sounds
Well, it's been a while since the last time I posted an update, and I had a couple helpful comments and suggestions, and a couple changes based on some of them can be seen in the latest version of the demo. You can get the latest version here: Windows | Mac | Linux
But before I get into the details, I wanted to put a reminder here about the Android alpha version and my page in Steam Greenlight Concepts.
CLICK IT, YOU FOOLS!
Now that that's out of the way...
I replaced some of the sounds with higer quality ones and I recorded a new game play video with audio.
Bug Fixes / Enhancements (in no particular order):
- The volume slider in the options menu now beeps when changing the volume.
- Made some improvements to the visual effects. More blood splatters. Improved appearance of explosions. I was working on adding footprints whenever you stomp on the ground, but it didn't look good, so I'll hold off on that one for now.
- I slightly altered the way the cops behave to make it less likely for them to stay out of reach. It's not perfect, but it's a start.
- I changed the tanks so that they can detect if they are running into a wall and turn left or right to try to go around.
- I think I fixed the bug where the stomp attack would occasionally freeze the monster in place. Let me know if you see it happen again.
- I enabled the 16:9 aspect ratio after fixing some UI elements. No more vertical borders!
- There's probably a bunch of things I'm forgetting... I'm sure it's not important.
I have new audio clips for the police sirens and for the tank's engine. The tank also plays an additional sound while moving. Speaking of tanks, I made some modifications to allow the tanks to run over things instead of just pushing them out of the way, or rolling over like a turtle.
I also did a bit of work on things that aren't in the demo. Here is a cut scene that is played before you reach the last area:
There's plenty of work left to do, and not a lot of spare time, so it'll likely be a while before I upload a new version of the demo. Fortunately, there's a holiday coming up this week, so hopefully I can put the two extra days to good use.